The importance of sleep
We all know how important sleep is, and yet we often neglect to get a full night of rest. Getting enough sleep affects everything you do throughout the day and can play a significant role in your reactions. When we fail to get enough sleep, we are more likely to be affected by stress and run out of steam faster. Sleep is our body’s way of restoring valuable energy to get us through the day. This is why it’s so important to find the best indica strains that help us sleep at night.
Sleep is a necessary and unavoidable part of life that some of us need a hand in. Marijuana is an excellent alternative method compared to prescriptions or over the counter sleeping aids. We will review five indica dominant strains that are great for nighttime use and help us get the sleep we need. These strains are staples of the marijuana community, and there are hundreds of other strains. Find the best indica strain to help you fall asleep, bellow are some great strains to start with.
5 Indica Strains for sleep
- Northern Lights
- This strain is one of the most popular and sought-after indica strains of all time. It is known for its heavy body high it induces on its users, making it great for relaxation and sleep. Great for pain relief and easing stress after a long day.
- Granddaddy Purple (GDP)
- GDP is a popular strain here in California and has a deep purple color throughout the bud. This strain is a cross between two indica plants, Purple Urkle and Big Bud. It provides a head and body high that’s known to be incredibly soothing.
- Tahoe OG Kush
- This strain is famous for its nighttime use, and users say its effects kick in faster than other strains. It provides a heavy body high, making it perfect for bedtime. This strain also has reduced depression and anxiety for certain individuals.
- Afghan Kush
- Admired for its powerful sedative effects, Afghan kush makes a great nighttime companion. Known for its feeling of euphoria, helping you go down easy at night—a popular strain for those who struggle with insomnia.
- When grown and cured correctly it smells just like its name. This heavy indica dominant strain that can have THC levels between 15 and 24%. Expect long-lasting euphoric effects from this strain and to go down without a fight when it’s time to sleep.
Best ways to consume Indica Strains for sleep.
Once you’ve found the best strain of marijuana that helps you fell asleep the next step is finding the best method of consumption. There are various ways to consume marijuana and they each can have different effects even if you are using the same strain. It’s important to couple the right method of consumption with the stain that you’ve found works best for you. Here are three great ways to consume marijuana that will help you sleep through the night.
1. Taking Edibles
Edibles are one of the best ways to consume marijuana when it comes to bedtime. You should take the edible 45 minutes to an hour before bedtime and with food in your system. The long-lasting effects of an edible are perfect for making sure you get a good night’s sleep. When it comes to finding a dose, we recommend you view our guide “Edible Dosage for Beginners.” but it is always best to start with low doses and see what’s right for you. One of the drawbacks of edibles is also its strength is how long it lasts. This is why finding the correct dose for you is significant, so you do not wake up still feeling high or groggy.
If you are looking to feel the effects faster and have more control of your intake, smoking a joint or a bong is the way to go. With joints, you have the ability to put it out once you’ve felt like you’ve had enough, unlike edibles, where the only control is the amount you eat. Bongs are another great way but can be slightly harder to judge than a joint if you are a beginner. You maintain more control than edibles, but the effects are felt quicker and more potent than a joint.
Smoking marijuana extracts, also known as dabbing, is the fastest way to feel the effects of marijuana. Similar to smoking a bong but with the potency of eating an edible. I do not recommend beginners start with smoking wax because it can be overwhelming to some. Due to marijuana extracts’ strength, these are great for those who deal with severe insomnia or chronic pain. There are other ways to smoke extracts besides dabbing, and we recommend reading our article “what is marijuana wax and how to smoke it?” to learn more.
There are several reasons we miss out on valuable sleep, and there’s an Indica strain and method of consumption that can help with each. The important part is to find what works best for you, and the staff here at CannaJunction would love to help you do just that. Feel free to call or visit or storefront to find out more information on finding the best indica strain to suit your needs.